Tropical Ecology- Costa Rica 2018
Like Kacey Lowery

Tropical Ecology- Costa Rica 2018

Tropical Ecology- Costa Rica 2018

Description:

Published: June 12, 2018 0 0 422
By: Kacey Lowery, Tarleton State University
Hashtags: #Agriculture #climatechange #Environment #EnvironmentalImpact #EnvironmentalScience #Farming #learnbydoing #naturalresources #Research #Sustainability

To volunteer is to freely give up your time, to accomplish a task you have been given, and expect nothing in return. I gained a sense of selflessness and humblism while performing tasks in Costa Rica. It is selfless becaue we were helping preserve the Rain Forrest and Cloud Forrest and were expecting absolutely nothing in return. And it was humbling because we were a part of something so much greater than ourselves, and so much bigger than just raking trails. We were contributing to our environment and helping the people of Costa Rica. We raked many miles of trails which would have taken the staff months to do alone. Volunteering in the forrests brought out sweat, dirt, blisters, and bugs; all of that was minor compared to the bigger picture of what we as a team accomplished. I learned many things while volunteering and I will take that valuable knowledge and spread it to others. The most important key to preserving our forrests is to educate others so that they can join in on the challenge to preserve all forrests.