Study Abroad: Argentina
Like Katie Gibson

Study Abroad: Argentina

Study Abroad: Argentina

Description:

Published: March 19, 2019 0 0 70
By: Katie Gibson, Tarleton State University

The trip to Argentina was something I really enjoyed. I was able to see how different sports medicine is in comparison to the United States, as well as how the culture in general is different. We rode subways, busses, taxis, and planes multiple times throughout the trip. This experience was very different in comparison to Texas, but was a good change in culture. I was able to sharpen my Spanish skills, eat different foods, learn about the history, and meet some great people. Our group had the opportunity to teach high school and junior high students different Athletic Training skills as well as what an AT does. We also got to see how different the sports aspect is in comparison to the USA and which ones were more popular than others. Overall this trip has taught me how to use my communication skills, how to adapt when issues arise and how to work with different populations. In general the healthcare is very different when in comparison to the States. It is cheaper, and easier to get into the ER, but the ambulances are not in any hurry for an emergency. They also don’t have AT’s however the closest profession would be a kinesiologist, or a physiotherapist. They aren’t as common in the High school setting or on the sidelines of games like in the US.