Spring Semester Job Fairs: Career Services
Like CaiAyhn Ford

Description:

Published: April 10, 2019 0 0 69
By: CaiAyhn Ford, Tarleton State University
Hashtags: #Employers #JobFairs #Marketing #marketingandadvertising #marketingandpromotions #PublicRelations

Spring semester, Career Services hosted, planned, and executed four job fairs, 1 expo, and a three-part speaker series, which included the College of Business Job Fair, Summer Camp Job Fair, Spring Job Fair, Teacher Job Fair, the Hire Education Speaker Series, and the Health Care Professions Expo. Our job fairs ranged from 15 to 90 employers and 100 to 300 attendees. I helped promote and do the logistics for the events. Our current President, Dr. Dottavio, even made his appearance at some of them.

This semester allowed me to grow my event planning skills and knowledge. I worked more on the behind the scenes work that went into the events. To make our fairs more efficient, we had meetings to implement a new system that would allow attendees to better know what positions each company was hing for. As a result, we decided to create "Recruiting For.." signs, which I laminated all 90 of them. The Marketing and Outreach Intern and I did about 3 to 4 promotional tables for each event. We also marketing around campus and the community using sandwich boards, yard signs, flyers, posters, and social media.

Tagged Teammates:

• Callie Pierce