Relay For Life
Like Blayre Harrison

Relay For Life

Relay For Life

• Family Staying Strong

Description:

Published: August 19, 2016 0 0 148
By: Blayre Harrison, Tarleton State University
Hashtags: #Americancancersociety #Cancer #canceraware #Health #Relayforlife #Teamwork #Volunteer

'The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is a life-changing event that gives everyone in communities across the globe a chance to celebrate the lives of people who have battled cancer, remember loved ones lost, and fight back against the disease. At Relay, teams of people camp out at a local high school, park, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team is asked to have a representative on the track at all times during the event. Because cancer never sleeps, Relays are overnight events up to 24 hours in length.' -
About Relay For Life. (n.d.). Retrieved August 18, 2016, from http://www.cancer.org/involved/participate/relayforlife/history-of-relay-for-life

I volunteered at the local Relay every year I was in late primary school and all the way through secondary school. At the Relays, I served at a booth and supported people dedicated to our booth, such as relatives and friends from my community. I walked laps around the track for them, and help raise money for the cause.