My AT Philosophy
Like Ashlyn Tidwell

My AT Philosophy

My AT Philosophy

Description:

Published: March 31, 2020 0 0 19
By: Ashlyn Tidwell, Tarleton State University

Not only will Athletic Training be my career, it is my passion. Ever since my freshman year in high school I’ve been a student athletic trainer and now I’m one short year away from being a professional athletic trainer. My athletic training philosophy has always been the same, help others not only within the realm of sport but in all aspects of life. As an athletic trainer we are there for orthopedic injuries to do evaluations, treatment and rehab. But being an athletic trainer is so much more than that to a lot of student athletes we are someone they can come to for anything. For when I was in high school our assistant athletic trainer Rebecca Ensley was someone I went to whenever I needed help. She is not only my mentor but someone I cherish as a dear friend today. She helped me shape my philosophy as an athletic trainer. And as cheesy as it sounds, I want to be just like her when I am a professional athletic trainer. I want to be an athletic trainer that is there for my athletes when they need an advocate. Throughout the rest of my career I’m going to keep my philosophy the same .Throughout the rest of my career I’m going to keep my philosophy the same.