Leadership - Entry 2

Description:

Published: October 1, 2018 0 0 271
By: Morgan Montgomery, Tarleton State University
Hashtags: #1 #Leadership #VirtualInterview

I joined the Tarleton Careers "Virtual Interviews" - Live Q&A Session #1 today, July 23, 2020. The purpose of this live stream was to provide students with information about virtual job interviews. This was very beneficial because students will most likely be in a situation where they will have to be interviewed for a potential job online, especially if the student is close to graduation and will be looking for a job soon. In this session, Tysha Chandler, Miranda Cristan, Laurie Garner, and Marcus Taylor explained what virtual interviews are, provided tips to use when going into virtual interviews, and answered questions submitted by students. I learned that there are various types of software that can be used to host the interview; even software that use artificial intelligence. Body language and gestures were also discussed during this session. They also said that it was important to prepare for the interview and to do research on the company and position you are applying for. It is also helpful to look up commonly asked interview questions to practice what you will say in the interview. I also learned that participants should be dressed professionally and completely- like they would be if they were going to an interview in person. I was also given several examples of questions to ask the interviewer about the job and company to be prepared and convey my interest in the position. I personally asked a question about how makeup should be done because it may appear differently on camera. It is important to make sure the makeup is conveyed in a tasteful way, and it is also important to test out how it looks on the camera before the actual interview. All of these tips that were discussed in today's session will help me as I begin searching for a career and prepare for interviews that may be online. I am more confident in y knowledge of virtual interviews, what to do before and during the interview, and how to present myself and act during the interview.