Formal Invitation to Panhellenic Recruitment
Like Kennedy Whitten

Description:

Published: November 5, 2021 0 0 221
By: Kennedy Whitten, Tarleton State University
Hashtags: #Art #Design #GraphicDesign

This past year (2020-2021) I had the honor of serving as the Panhellenic Vice President for the entire Panhellenic community, helping each chapter that falls under the Panhellenic Council succeed in their recruitment efforts to enhance and grow the future of their individual chapters. It was easily the best experience I have had at Tarletan. Most people do not understand the time and dedication put forth toward this event, that multiple entities put forth their efforts into, so a main goal of mine during my term was to showcase our values and our mission as a community and bring light to what amazing things Greek Life can do for students during their time at Tarleton.
I created this invitation to personally deliver to Dr. James Hurley and Mrs. Kindall Hurley, the President and the First Lady of Tarleton. After some thought and deliberation about the entire process, I decided to invite the entire Presidents Cabinet and the Vice President of Student Affairs, Kelli C. Styron, with the guidance and encouragement from my supervisor, Mr. Darrell Brown. I wanted to showcase what our community was all about, and as administrators on campus, I wanted them to understand how important this process truly is and I wanted them to see the ins and outs of the planning process and how we executed each night of formal recruitment. I created an invitation for each committee member, but only attached the one I made for the Hurley's to this project, because each invitation was the same, only the names were changed for each individual recipient. I decided to hand deliver these invitations to add a personal touch to the delivery so that they felt welcomed into our community. After talking with the individuals that were able to show up, I think it is safe to say that they appreciated being invited and I look forward to seeing them participate again within the following years, even well after I graduate.