Costa Rica Wildlife Photography Study Abroad
Like Jessica White

Description:

Published: April 13, 2020 0 0 120
By: Jessica White, Tarleton State University
Hashtags: #Abroad #costarica #Culture #Experience #photograhy #StudyAbroad #Travel #wildlife #WildlifePhotography

My trip to Costa Rica was enlightening and humbling at the same time. It was so interesting to see the differences in culture between the United States and Costa Rica. I was challenged by my professor to take photos that were not to be post-edited. In other words, the photos attached have come directly from my camera with no editing. While in Costa Rica I was inspired by mainly the greenery that surrounded us on a daily basis. It is amazing to me how many different species live in Costa Rica. Throughout the trip, I not only learned about their culture, the wildlife, and their history but also how to take photos at night, get clearer photos, and how to adjust my setting in Manual mode efficiently. The main challenges that I faced were having limited equipment for wildlife photography, a limited amount of time for certain photos and tourists sometimes being in the way of shots that I wanted. I am proud of the photos that I was able to produce and nope that they captured the beauty of Costa Rica.