Radio Production

Description:

Published: April 27, 2021 0 0 163
By: Taylor Welch, Tarleton State University
Hashtags: #tsu_ale_2021_spring_intern2learn_radio_station_l_mcfarlin

Attached are two PSAs (Public Service Announcements) that aired on KXTR 100.7 The Planet that I scripted, recorded, produced, edited, and uploaded completely on my own. The first listed is how to submit information to the radio so that I can produce a PSA of their requested event. Second, (of which I voiced myself as well) this semester the radio station hosted a podcast competition. A student, or students, had to submit an idea to the station. After selecting a winner, we have all been working to produce their show. I have been recording and producing the show along with my co-worker Rissa when it comes to the audio preparations and editing.

Next, I have two liners that I voiced (XXL) and produced (both) myself titled "Soulja Boy Liner" and "XXL Liner". The two liners have aired also on KXTR.

I am constantly working on PSAs, Liners, Underwritings from our supporters/sponsors, hosting my own new DJ show, and producing podcasts. However, there is one new element that I have added to my work week that I wanted to be sure to mention. I have a podcast!! Attached is the very first episode of "Music Business Babes" that co-worker Carrissa (Rissa) Cole and I have produced together! We have been hard at work to get this completed and already have a few more episodes going for being formed so recently!

Carly Mack is the designer and creator of the cover art for our podcast. She is a dear friend of mine and a true joy to get to work with!

"Music Business Babes" is a music-based podcast where we answer tough industry-related questions, discuss updates in the industry, and provide insight from our own personal experiences. You can catch the show, coming soon, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you get your podcasts!